Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Not The Resturant!

This truly has been life changing for me!  Any other Friday, I would be at a place like Friday's having some high-calorie appetizer, main course, vino, and dessert.  (I've been off sugar for several months, so I almost forgot about dessert.)  Then the routine back then was to unzip jeans because I'd just eat too much.  I just consumed 1,000 calories in one sitting and did not realize it.  Then you have that regret and horrible feeling come over you.  Never again!!!  In fact, it makes me sick thinking about eating like that again.  It's so nice to eat healthy.  You notice the great taste in vegetables and fruits, which can even be a little too sweet at times!  Even the colors of fresh fruit and vegetables suddenly mean something.  Very appealing to the eyes.   I have come to really appreciate my kitchen because I can control what I put in the foods.  That will be my project next around the house.  Remodel and re-do my kitchen.  

My favorite store is Whole Foods.  I can stay in there all day.  Now that I have nutritional guidance, I can go through a label in seconds and say yea or nay.  Something I learned from HCC.  Just because it is in Whole Foods does not mean that is good for you.  The options are greater than most grocery stores.  I only wish we had a Trader Joe's here, which is a store we had in California -- a cheaper version of Whole Foods.  I have found a lot of items in Whole Foods that are cheaper than HT or other local groceries.  So quit frowning Ben!  I hate Super WalMart.  I am sorry, but why do those kids in there act as if they have no home training.   I love kids, but, for some reason, not in WalMart.  Please wipe their noses....that will make me not want to eat. 

Work out today with Laurie was great!  Once again, we work hard.  We all are kinda in a zone, with it being our last workout with Laurie this week.  It is amazing how far we have come.  I am shocked at how far I have come.  I wish my team would have known me when I was still taking physical therapy after my brain tumor.  They would be shocked at just how far I have REALLY come.  I won't go into the rest of the day because it may tell my closest competitor my final plan of attack (just in case she's reading this).  Next week, I will even share some of my best dietary tips.   So, I will save the best for after the competition phase of the program is over.  It's really simple.  I will tell you, however, that my body adjusted to a lot of my workouts.  I am not nearly as sore nor do I have any injuries.  This means that I have to work even harder for results now. (frown)

I find myself very emotional right now.  I can't stand to hear anything negative in conversation, on TV or anywhere.   It has been a lot of hard work.  I am very sensitive and will cry at the drop of a hat. Maybe working out is doing something to my hormones now.  Oh Lord!  Was menopause not enough!?!?!  Ladies, have you ever noticed the word "men" is in menopause...maybe because they cause the whole problem when Adam listened to Eve....LOL!  Just wanted to laugh.  It produces those great hormones.

I am on my way to bed anticipating the days ahead. 

For those of you who are looking for photos or something to look at stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment