Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's Sunday & I've Got Spring Fever

Beautiful day today.  Felt like Spring here.  I truly have spring fever.  I am so sick of cold weather and I am so looking forward to bright spring wear.   I went to the Pilates, Yoga and Nia combined mandatory group class today.  I love the dance part of Nia.  Anything that causes the hips to move.  The Pilates reminded me of being in Yoga. Boy!  I wanted to "sleep like a child" instead of sit like a child".  I learned today that if you don't want to or can't perform a position then is acceptable in Yoga / Nia disciplines to simply "sit like a child".  I kept moving, knowing how good this stretching and breathing is for my spine and my mind.  By the way, the bottom of my feet are really sore this weekend.  I am hoping this is not going to be a problem all week.  Help!

Then off to meet my friend Wendy, who is supporting me by walking the bridge with me.  Thank you Wendy, for having longer legs than me so I have to fight to keep up with you.  I truly enjoyed talking and watching the boats pass by.  I am signed up to do the Bridge Run!  I should do well since our trainer is running us every week and testing our endurance.  I am not experienced with marathon running, but I will tell you, I will run more than walk.  It won't be my last.  I did walk the Bridge Run two years ago, and I have done smaller ones such as the Light Up the Night Walk for Leukemia Society (2 years in a row) and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Breast Cancer Walk/Run.

Excuses to shop
Can't find my water bottle....remind me to look in lost and found.  Well anyway found a replacement for $5.  I refuse to use plastic and buy water.  I was also told by the ladies at the gym I was  in desperate need of a swimsuit that fits.  When I start jumping around and doing water aerobics routines, a few problems that I won't mention also start jumping.  Oh!  Anybody who knows me knows that I am not good at not telling .....well I almost "mooned" the back row one day.  It made me laugh so hard I almost could not do the next moves.  I am so glad no one noticed.  Well, at least I don't think they did.   I found a Speedo racing swimsuit that looks so much better on than my old one.  Looks tropical with the racer back. This lifted my spirits, and a few other things. My next swimsuit will be for the beach and it will be a two piece....    ...but not a bikini.  Somehow I cannot yet envision this grandma in a bikini but I have fond memories of many from back in the days. 

Well I am going to watch the Academy Awards.....I love movies and I love the dresses!  Off to my my private Oscar party  (hmmmm.... no vino, so I guess I'll have a green tea and lemon).  Maybe I will get out one of my nice tea cups.  My life is no longer centered around food.  I can sit back and just enjoy life.  Tomorrow I have a video to show you that a team member sent me.....   By the way, at times I will go back and read my blog and see at my sleepy moments I may have a typo and then I make the needed corrections.  I love blogging!  It reminds me of the days of writing in my diary but these new folks gave it a new name so it does not seem so juvenile and men will jump on the band wagon. (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment