Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WWW (Wednesday Wendy Windy)

By now everyone should know that today is team workout day!   We went to the BIG weight room today.  It always makes us feel like Arnold Schwarzenegger in that room.  (LOL!)  It's where the big guys go.  I used to be a little intimidated in that room, but not anymore.   I love lifting weights now because I know that burn will last even after the workout is done, which means continual burning of calories which lasts much longer than cardio.  We did both cardio and weights today.  BURN, BABY!  BURN! Tomorrow is weigh-in day, leaving only 2 more weigh-in's after this week for the contest part of this season's HCC program.  Then two more weeks of individual exercise and classroom, ending with the Cooper River Bridge Run.  I am getting sad to see this end.....well at least this part of it.

Later this afternoon, my friend Wendy and I power-walked the bridge for an hour.  Wendy, windy and all.  (get it?)  It was very windy and cold up on the bridge.  I found myself trying to keep up with her after my morning workout.  She is in better shape than she thinks.   It's nice to surround yourself, as I have said before, with people who support you and have like attitudes regarding fitness and health.   I am looking forward to getting a kayak this year so that we can go out on the river with Wendy and her husband, Mel, again.  They live on Shem Creek, so you know they are pros.   My new found energy and strength will help with our next lesson out on the water.  Get ready for us!

Well this is short and sweet tonight because tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  I must get that much-needed rest.

Check out these kayaks, Ben (hint, hint)


Hey check out these kayaks.  We are not sure if we want one for one or for two people-Tamdem.  One thing for sure it fits our new healthy lifestyle.  I love the yellow one.  


Prowler Trident 13 AnatomyMalibu Two Anatomy



No comments:

Post a Comment