Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Last Team Work

Today was our last workout as a team.  It was a bittersweet pill.  So many emotions going on.  Everyone was in attendance, with the exception of two.  I knew our trainer Laurie was going to kill us today.  We ran 2 miles!!!   My finish my time was 12 minutes, compared to the 17 minutes I did the last time I ran.  (I hope my memory serves me right on this one.)  We did burpees.  We did everything that she taught us plus.  I had no time to enjoy her praises as she is commending me because it's time to get more cardio on the rower and do another mile.  I prayed to get through this workout today.  Just when I thought it was over,"I hear get a mat!".  I am getting tired writing about this.  All I can say is that I felt about 2 pounds melt off of me!  Laurie gave us a nice pep talk at the end, telling us how far we have come.  She also mentioned my first day trying to sprint up the stairs.  I really thought I was going to either die or have a heart attack.  She was shocked when I asked to do the stairs last week.  It was nice going down memory lane.  After all, I have spent more time with this team than I have with anyone else in the past 11 weeks.  So our goodbyes will be sad.

Friday will be hard because, for the last 3 months, Fridays have been spent with our team workout.  So I will go to the gym early in the morning and workout with my small team outside of HCC.  Later that day, I plan to get pampered at the hair and nail salon.  I need a pedicure badly!  I'm looking like a "jock" (or something) now.

We are leaving for Myrtle Beach for the weekend (Bible convention).  My hubby just told me we have a room facing the ocean and a small kitchenette, just in case I wanted to bring my healthy foods.  Oh I might add, he made sure that they have a workout center, and both indoor and outdoor pools. (Yippy!) I will be able to workout on Saturday for a least an hour. 

Everyone was making plans on keeping Laurie as a trainer at a time that I cannot make that same comitment.  I am confident that I will continue my program and journey.  In fact, it will be on paper by tomorrow.  Even though tomorrow we formally graduate, we never really do.  We still must keep ourselves healthy.  This means eating the right foods and continual workouts.  I feel I have formed a HABIT -- in fact somewhat of an addiction to the gym. I have noticed that my body loves it now.   I will work on, maintaining more balance, so that it will not crowd out the more important things.  I am going to be a member of the Wellness Center and very thankful to have that one month free.  I would rather have this than cable......I did not just say that Ben!   I cannot imagine living without a gym so close to home, in walking or running distance.  We still have to weigh-in for 6 weeks after the program, so we can stay on track.  I am sure my family and friends will help me with the maintaining balance part.

Tomorrow we'll get the final numbers for the competition segment of the HCC program.  I have told myself over and over that if I do not win the contest, I truly have already won.  I have gained my life back, as I have said before.    I will take photos.  Everyone will be missed.  I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to the young students who weigh us.  They played as big a part in my journey as everyone else in the program have. 

Stay tuned for the BIG DAY!  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment