Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get Your Booty On The Dance Floor!

Today, as you know,  is my Zumba day!  Have you heard the old song "get your booty on the dance floor"?  Well, that's exactly what I did today.  I am really embarassed to tell you this story.  I was trying to keep up with our intructor, James, who normally does not teach on Tuesday.  His dance routine is very challenging because he is a professional dancer, I hear.  As you know I feel like I am in my 30's, at least lately, and I was trying my best to keep up with him.  Anyway, I did this cross over step and, somehow, flipped up on my butt, and hand.  Here comes James running off the stage to see if I was OK.  He sincerely was concerned and wanted me to go ice it.  The old dancer/athlete attitude kicked in and I tried to play it off.  "No.  I will wait till after the class.  It's half over."  Friends I will not give up.  Dust yourself off and get back up!   This is what I learned in life!  I want to dance again. It is my outlet of stress.  I took it easy the rest of the class, so don't worry, I am not that crazy.  When I was done with the class I rushed home to ice my butt.  Yes I took an old bag of corn out of the freezer and gently put it...    ...well you know where.  Hey!  At least I don't have to worry about getting any of the calories from that corn.  Don't worry!  I won't let anyone eat the corn!  I know  I am a little corny today....   Hey!  You've got to laugh at yourself.  I found out that losing a considerable amount of weight in the derriere did not help in this particular situation.  Now I nderstand why they say "baby got back" with enthusiasm! 

Next, came water aerobics with Marty....you got it.  Sprint, sprint spint....        ...and my booty is hurting, but I am going to keep pushing. Nothing is going to stop me now.  Lift- breathe - lift - breathe!   A lady and I were talking about our aquatic aerobics class and we both agreed that it makes you sleep like a baby!  You work hard but the water soothes and touches every bone and every muscle on your body.  I don't know about you, but I am watching The Biggest Loser and iceing my booty....

Last night I promised a few photos and I think that I have spoiled you all with photos........  ...hope you enjoy.  In the meantime, my butt is chillin tonight.

The shaw/scarf is from Ben
It is called Bandhani Dot Scarf                                                                
Highly meticulous and skilled process involving the
dying of a fabric which is tied with thread to form an intricate pattern.
Then when the scarf is pulled open, beautiful design emerges.  Ben saw me looking at them one day and went back and purchase it for me. (too sweet)
Kids just a peek of me.  You have to wait till my visit.

Ben
....is always handsome and cool.
                   Ben is still bringing me flowers.  Now with HCC I hope to be around to enjoy many more years.  Thanks for helping me gain my life back! Ben thank you for bringing flowers often to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment