Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday No Longer A Day Of Rest

I can remember when Sunday was more of a day of rest.  Not anymore.  Off to the Wellness Center for the mandatory group class.  Thinking to myself that I no longer have to run in the bathroom, throwing off the heels and dress.  Oops!  And the pearls that don't match my workout gear.  As I said, Sunday will not be a gym day in the future.  I just wanted to end, saying to myself I never missed a group workout required by the program.  I will think of activities that will keep me moving on Sunday, but, generally, it will be a more family-oriented day.

Class was with that maniac Lilly.  That young lady is rough, but I like her workout.  She provided us with a great cardio workout so that we can burn a lot of calories for Thursday's weigh-in.  All of the HCC people were working hard today, though.  Some were just trying to add more pounds lost to their total weight loss, and some are fighting for the title of first place.  We all know who they are.  I was extremely tired in this class, I think, because of the time change.  My father is in the hospital so I am horribly scared that an emergency will require me to leave to go out of town.  His surgery is tomorrow and I am hoping for the best.  I kept pushing and trying to do all her moves and relieving my mind of the stress.

The day ended nice.  We went out to a private little area on Folly Beach.    My husband is a retired Navy photographer and is going to take photo's for some friends' wedding.  So off we go to check out location.  I decided to fit in a little workout by sprinting my way down the path leading to the Morris Island Lighthouse.  On the way I noticed some steps.  Up, down, up, down, until everyone caught up with me.  Hey, a new workout location with  beautiful scenery.  A few adjectives to decribe the area....beautiful, breathtaking, picturous, and romantic!  I love the lighthouse in the background and the beautiful different types of trees and plant life that will surround the wedding party.
Walking in the sand added resistance that I loved, and I make a mental note that a year ago I would have complained about the walk to this destination.  Not this time.  I just wanted to stay.  I love the beach, hearing the waves and allowing the wind to take me in.  Hey do I sound like a writer.  Hey this blogging has been so good for me.  It really makes me reflect on my days.  I will have to go back and read them after the challenge is over.  The photo to the left is a photo of my son-in-law, the surfer, and his daughter on the beach (photograph by Ben Powers).  Today I thought of them and how much I miss all of my family on the West Coast.

My bed is calling me...      ...night night to all!

1 comment:

  1. Regina: I am so proud of you and excited that this is your last week. You have done so well! Keep up the good work!! I can't wait to hear the results!!

    ReplyDelete