Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thank you

First, I want to say that I went to our convention in Myrtle Beach this weekend, and I ran 2 miles on the beach to ensure that I stick to my promise to continue to live a healthy life style.  I cannot tell you how I used to envy people who would get up and do that and, yes, now I am one of those people.  I love it.  Hearing the waves, feeling the fresh air on my face, hair blowing in the wind.  Sounds corny, but it's the truth!!  Most of all, I reflected on how much I love the water. So I give thanks first to our God!  I have not used my blog for biblical use in my prior posts, in a conscious awareness that I don't push my beliefs on others who are looking for weigh loss information, but I could not leave out a praise and thank you to He who made this possible -- God above.  How wonderfully he has made us!  I did not break anything or die from sweating or from doing any of the workouts!  Yes, he made us to bend, jump and move to our full range of motion.  Meditation on the beach is wonderful!  I highly recommend it.




 Next in line, but not least, is my best friend, my husband.  He has dealt with an extreme change in diet (almost completely vegetarian), and a wife he could classify as MIA.  He has been understanding and patient beyond what I could ask.  He even became more of the household manager after getting off from work.  I love him for allowing me this time, and I promise that in a few weeks I will be more balanced in my journey.  Ben got a little worried when he saw me looking at the Discovery channel, broadcasting a documentary about pandas.  He was terrified that the light bulb over my head meant that we too would be eating bamboo next.    Check out how we looked before and how we look together today (someone really did think Ben was with a younger woman). 
Thank you Ben for being with me in sickness and NOW in health.  You are #1 person in my book! 


Next I would like to thank Janice Newton, because without her, I would not have gotten in this program that I wanted so badly to be a part of.  Janice listened to my cries.  She looked beyond the words on my application.  She knew I was ready since I had already loss 30 pounds.  Janice I will never forget you!   You are helping change lives!!!  




My trainers have been most important in my journey.  My main trainer Laurie has encouraged me to work to my full potential.  She did not give up on me when she saw me limping and could not walk a mile, let alone run one.  She has taught me how to do burpees and other exercises.  I can't believe I am still doing them at home.  Thank you Laurie, for aiding me to not only walk, but to RUN.  I will never forget you.  I love your smile and this photo of us.  
 Another trainer that I must express my sincere thanks to, the one who my husband wanted to come hunt down at times, but truly appreciated his dedication as much I do, is Marty.  Marty teaches swim aerobics, and is very good at what he does.  He would take his time to clock me while I was swimming laps, even though it was outside his normal working hours.  He has gone above and beyond his job encouraging me when I just wanted to cry and give up due to sore muscles and anxiety, which happens at some points during the program.  Marty is also a vegan, so he gives great nutritional advice.  Marty I will never forget your simple words that kept me going,  "You're not tired!" I will never allow a workout tire me out to the point of giving up because of you.  I must get your photo this week for my blog.  Thank you so much. Agape!


Team Mughelli
I miss you, and I am crying as I write this.  We were only a small bump in the road.  We did not end in last place.  We fought. We tried, and did not give up.  We worked when we were told. We cried and wiped each other tears.  We laughed when we needed to.  Remember when I backed up my butt into the water fountain and it looked like I wet my pants?   I know you thought Laurie made me pee my pants doing those  burpees.



Here we stand...so different.  Overcoming so many obstacles.....we did it.  This week is not the same without you.   Let's stay on this journey!   Laurie said we had HEART! She would have us over any other team.  I will never forget her saying that because we know we were a challenge.


Thank you Dad, for following my blog and supporting me through this journey.  To my sisters who, no matter how tired you were when you got off the night shift, you followed my blog and cheered me on.  Who fought cancer during these 10 weeks while I fought these pounds.  I gained strength from you. 

My son, who was my secret trainer from a far distance, and my daughter who cheered me on, listening to my moans, and loves me unconditionally, even when I could not call or text.  Thank you grandkids, for thinking I am "Auntie" and not grandma!  I will get back to the nice gifts and Skype visits real soon. I will see you in just a few months.  ( I will be in even better shape!)


Thank you to my dear friends Wendy and Kristen, who are my sisters and who continued to encourage me in my journey, both spiritually and for physical training support.  I loved our walks on the bridge.  We all share great encouraging stories with each other.  We are also all juicers now.   I looked forward to our time spent together.  I had to laugh, because we are all "take charge" women and hard workers, which bind us together.  They showed up at the final weigh in, without my knowledge, to support me, WIN or Lose!  They are their for me.  I am blessed! 






Check me out the last time my kids saw me, about 9 months ago....   Photo to the right taken this weekend.  In the photo below, I'm standing in Pioneer Square in downtown Portland, OR and, hey, I look like I was about to have a baby.  I just dropped a 65 pound kid!!!



























                             
Number one female, people!!!!!!!!!!!  Soon to be 54 years old in May, but I feel 30 again!


Make sure that if and when you are on this journey, you take and  compare photos. ( Too bad they don't show what's on the inside.....).  The top photo is one of my heaviest photo's.














  This middle picture  is one that was taken after the first 37 pound loss.




I am not tired!!!!!  I am just beginning to lived.  I have shed more than you know. More than that which shows on the scales.


                         
Don't leave me now....we just got started.  I still need you.   I have HUGE surprise that you will love coming up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment