Monday, March 1, 2010

TGIM


Hey what a great weekend!!  I will post some photo's tomorrow.....I am much too tired tonight.  Thank you for the lovely Anniversary gifts and cards.  I treasure my family and friends.

Are you wondering why I title this blog TGIM instead of TGIF?  TGIF was my saying when I was working.  Now I made up a new one for Monday (TGIM) because I get to start my weekly routine.  Today our team workout was awesome!  Laurie had us run with those sandbags on our heads.  She was also was my partner in our workout.  I felt honored because this week I know I need a swift kick!  I felt really motivated today and Laurie noticed how hard I was working.  "Gina I love that attitude", because Monday is not always my best day.  It showed me that when you work on something so simple, you can change.  That is an attitude.  No one can do that for you. 

To top everything off, we had a nice sized group today, which, I think, raised the morale of our team.  We all worked hard!  Charles' grandson has suffered with cancer, so sad.  At the end of our workout today, he shared that the surgeons successfully removed most of it, with the exception of an area in the brain. The doctors are tying to figure out how do remove this growth from such a very delicate area.  This, you know, touched my heart.  I know how scary and difficult brain surgery can be, let alone a cancerous tumor.  Charles is trying so hard to still take care of himself, and we all understand why he is having a hard time.  The team came together at that moment and supported him.  The word T-E-A-M suddently meant something.  We all are very different, but have really come together to get healthy....some even emotionally, as you can see. . 

I also found out that the young lady that is fighting me for the number one spot is younger than any of my children.  Can you believe that I am giving her a run for her money!  I am over 35 years older than her, with a stubborn metabolism, but yet I have been in first place throughout the competition, with the exception of 2 weigh-ins!  Now I am proud of that!  I saw her during Sunday's workout and told her she is doing a great job trying to beat this old lady.  Good sportmanship is important to me.  Any other preception would bother me. 

My night always ends on Monday with Marty's class.....    ...a class which seems to be getting harder each week, probably because he has a lot of people who attend regularly.  I love the sprinting we do.  I love the hip excersice because that is where most of my pain was in the past.   I am positive that swimming and water excersice will be a life long habit.

OH MY!  I forgot to tell you!  I met my favorite news anchor lady, Carolyn Murray, from our local NBC station.  Yes, in Whole Foods Market.  I love that she is into fitness, and I began to tell her about the Healthy Charleston Challenge.  She listened intently to every word.  I even told her about my winning weeks and how much weight I have lost as a result.   From our conversation and her news broadcasts, I could tell that she does a lot of volunteer work in the community .  She looks even prettier in person, and very fit!  I plan on calling her in the future.  She even told me how to get in touch with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment