Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese OH MY!

Today I overslept till 7:00 am..  I had a little headache from having no coffee.  Caffein withdrawls.   I had to go to my congregational Spring cleaning by 8:00 am. or it would only bother my conscience all day that I did not help my spiritual family.   I just pulled weeds.  Wish I could done more, but I was asked to take photos.  We all eat at noon.  I eat the only salad that they had. Everything was southern cuisine, or pasta.  You know what I mean.  I was proud of my resistance to all of that food.  So I eat this bland salad with a little olive oil.  I am glad I did not over work myself for what's ahead.








I took a lot of photos, but these are ones who have offered to walk the bridge with me, or just plain has been providing emotional support.  These are just a few...... from left to right, starting at the top are Pam and her Mom, Mel (holding the rake), Mickey, Wendy (Mel and Wendy are the couple.  They used to attend Janis Newton's classes), Natasha, Kristina, and Larry (or, as I call him, "Cuz", Pam's husband).


OK.  Moving right along....

Friends, I would rather be on a deserted island, with no food, than be at a "Chuck E. Cheese".  I did not like it when my kids were little, nor did I enjoy taking my grands.  It's seems like the worse behaved children go there.  Not to mention the snotty noses, to go along with the untolerable behavior.   My friend asked me to help chaperone a small party of four today, which, when I agreed, was to be held at her house.  When she said the "CC" word, I almost viewed it as bad as slapping and cussing me out at the same time.  How could I back out now!  So off I went in my car with 4 little ones happy as larks to be going.  Don't worry, I did not eat my favorite food, PIZZA with dripping greasy pepperoni.  I just kept thinking, "how unhealthy"!  When was this going to be over?  Well, we finally made it to the end.  I sighed quietly when I saw they were out of coins!  At last they get to pick out those toys that will probably be broken before we get home.  You know the junk I am talking about.  I actually loved it when we went back to her house to play games and gave out prizes.  Then I looked at my watch and saw I had to run home put on my sweats and be on the bridge in 25 minutes.  Off I went, with a little sadness because the kids did not want me to leave.  They were very sweet and well behaved.   Oh!  By the way, I was told today that after just one visit to this place, one of our team members told her kids Chuck E. Cheese went out of business so she'd never get asked to go back.  I laughed, thinking, "why didn't I think of that?"  (Just kidding)

When I got to the bridge I was greeted by Charles and Heather.  Kim joined us also.  Heather gave me a nice little basket filled with her wonderful little nectarines that she grows in of her yard.  Also in the basket was a hand-painted oyster knife.  I found out we are both two "artsy-fartsies"! Thank you Heather!  That was so thoughtful.   I like the little basket too!

Our team has really stepped up!  We are after these last few weeks together. I already know that It's going to be some tears when we part.  As we were doing our bridge run we got to the Charleston side, and Charles got dizzy when his blood sugar levels dropped and we had to get him something sweet (diabetic). Heather ran up to some bikers while I was holding his arm making sure he did not fall.  I just kept telling myself that I am strong and I could help him.  My old medical nursing mode kicked in.  Yes!!!  The bikers saved the day, they had sugar and plenty of it.  They gave him a whole box of hearts and gum.  Kim ran ahead trying to get candy at the gas station not knowing we would find candy from someone. (As you may have guessed, she is the fastest runner out of the three of us.)  Charles is home doing better.  We learned that diabetes sure doesn't love you.  Kinda sweet they gave him hearts to eat.  I wondered why college-age looking young men would have heart candy??  It was appropriate though.  Charles has such a big heart.  I'm just glad someone gave him some hearts.  (His grandson is the one with cancerous brain tumor at 18 months old. Charles continues to stand by his side.)  It was nice to see how we stuck together in a crisis.  Just as a team would.

So I am going to sit for a moment just to reconnect with my home.

What a day......!  See ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment