Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nia Day

"Nia (previously Non-Impact AerobicsNeuromuscular Integrative Action) is a physical conditioning program based on a premise that movement is a pathway for self-discovery and personal transformation."   
 -excerpt from Wikipedia

Today was my first experience with class dedicated solely to Nia.  This class was just what the doctor ordered.  They called this "modern dance" in my day.  We use our body as art..... our instructor started off by saying how important movements and facial expressions are.  I loved the way we symbolically lifted the weight of something burdensome in our lives and threw it across the room!  Sounds crazy but it worked for me.  I certainly had a lot of weight to throw this week.  Dad is still having some complications.  I will know more tomorrow.  In the meantime, I danced.  Something  I would not have done in the past.  I would have sat home and worried.  I am learning new ways to cope.  Just Dance!  I felt beautiful!  I felt so much lighter on my feet for that moment.  I will refer back to this moment over and over again.

For right now I am going DANCE my butt to bed.  Another busy day ahead.  I really appreciate all the support.

Don't go away......

No comments:

Post a Comment