Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saturday/Sunday

My Saturday started off with me walking and running with Kim on the bridge at 7:15 AM.  Wow!  Was it cold!  I put on so many layers, I was hoping it would not constrict my movement.  It turns out that it was such a great way to start my day.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how many of you are wondering why I did not blog yesterday.  Bottom line...     ...I had to get a break from my routine.  I had a friend's wedding shower to attend.  It was also my anniversary night out.  Had a great time!  My food choices, I am most proud of, were the ones I made at the shower.  First, I made my friends aware of my new healthy life style.  The hostess created an atmosphere which was like eating from Julia Childs' kitchen.  In fact we laughed because she even had her cook book.  Well anyway...       ...I eat mainly veggies, fruit and a finger-sized slice of quiche.  When I saw cupcakes and wontons staring me in my face, I looked down and could clearly see the fruits of my labor and just said NO!  Nancy Reagan would have been proud!  In fact, I thought it was so sweet when she said she had strawberries freshly cut up, if I preferred.  Now that's the kind of support you want.  I also had two friends who are not on this journey that offered to walk the bridge  with me.  Hey Wendy, if you are reading, I am holding you to it this week.  OK.  This temptation challenge, I thought, was not too bad. 

Next came a night out at Charleston swanky resturant "Fish". Check their website out if you are not in Charleston and you come visit.  This will be a spot I will highly recommend.  I previewed this restaurant before going:  vegan and organic-friendly, which is the road I am going down. (A little seafood every now and then.)  I'll tell you that I had a chopped salad, veggies with a seared tile fish.  Wow!!  Hey!  They brought out a serving of their bread and my husband, in his efforts to help me, had them take the bread away.  To be perfectly honest, for a second, I wanted to cry because it looked so good. It looked like a cross between a roll and cornbread.  But these hips will never know.  Bread like this, I'm sure, equated to many unwanted pounds in the past.  I l-o-v-e bread and olive oil and would choose that over meat.   I will say that, upon finishing my meal, if  I was not acting like my typical girly-girl, trying to be a classy, I would have licked that plate.  I thought that when they called it "naked fish" it would be like eating a piece a fish that could be described as bland.  I was wrong.  The seasonings that were used, makes you feel you are eating something healthy, but gourmet too.  I am very eclectic, as you know, in my style and life, so I love the atmosphere of this place.  Fabrics on the ceiling, framed mosiaic tile artwork on the wall...loved it!  Hey!  I may steal the fabric idea.  Then off we go a little further downtown to the Francis Marion, then to a jazz restaurant across from the Marion.  One glass of wine people.  One.  Yes. Me.  You know I like my vino, but I glanced in the mirror, checked my newly found waistline and cinched dress, and I said "girl, you know you are looking good!  Fight!"  I think this is one anniversary I felt I did not mind having a picture taken.  (Finally, I am starting to like what I see. Trust me.  I am far from being conceited)

No comments:

Post a Comment