Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bridge Practice

 Today I woke up a little cranky.  Mostly due to trying to keep up with everything.  I am working out 7 days a week, planning meals and thinking about this all day long -- the skills I am learning from HCC and how to put them to use.   Unlike the people on The Biggest Loser I still have to take care of my household and make time for my spiritual life.  I felt overwelmed this morning and just started fussing at the dogs, and fussing at my Ben, complaining about the stress from this program and my fatigue and constant soreness.  When my husband saw my mood, he said that "you have nothing to complain about missy!  Look at the people in Hatti that can't find family members...."  Boy, did that kick me back to reality and make me think outside of my "world".   At that moment, I realized how important balance is in my weight loss journey.  It made me think of ways I can help those poor people.  They need our help and they need our prayers.   I am so thankful for my husband's support.  He reads all my notes from HCC, and he knew it was time to help me stop any negative impulses and stay grounded.

So off to the bridge to meet Traci at 9:15 with a smile on my face from my morning pep talk. 
Today it was a little chilly on the bridge, but perfect for a run.  We did about 3 miles (you know the drill...   ...run/walk/run).   I enjoyed talking with Traci going back down the bridge, but as soon as we decided to take a break by walking and talking, here comes Laurie (our trainer)  cheering us on, "Come on!  Let's run this last few minutes!" as we were nearing the end.  So we did.  (When I grow up I want to be like her -- physically fit!!!).  Laurie's smile and motivation will light up a room.  I will have to post a happy, "non-drill-sergeant" photo of her. 


I especially enjoyed Laurie's boot camp group.  They came to help cheer us on.  Two of the ladies  from her boot camp stuck with me while trying to run up the incline of the bridge.  What a nice group of people.  I hope they come back next Saturday.  They really helped the morale of the group.
(They all have dogs on their t- shirt, and you know I love dogs.) I have to admit I miss seeing Janis out there with us.  I am sure she lives enough at the center that she needs to have a life too.   She has become like our ma-ma helping and guiding us along the way. 


Well, I could not post my video today of Laurie doing a burpee for you.  Looks like I am going to have to practice my videography skills.  I am sure we will be doing plenty of these.  To make it up to you I went back to the bridge to get this photo.   I must tell you that 4 years after leaving California,  I am really starting to like Charleston.   

1 comment:

  1. start putting your clothes in a box to ship to the zoo, so proud of you

    ReplyDelete