Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday- Hubby is home!

 Well I woke and found out the hubby did not have to work today because of Martin Luther King Day.   Sorry.  No sitting around sipping coffee with him this morning though.  I've got to get my workout early to do a warm-up for 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. (I know Tracie is always going to beat me to the gym.  Either a little competitor or just an early bird.)  I had a dream too that this is going to get easy one day!  This truly will be a life habit.

You know that our routines always start with cardio, so off to the track.  Run, run, run, stop, power walk, get my breath, run, run, run.  As you know, this is my biggest challenge.  The running.  I won't give up.  Laurie really pushed me on the track today. Charles you were smoking!  Kim, helping push me once again. On our last lap today, at the one mile mark, I heard Joe pass me say "Our father, who art in......".  I had to laugh because I know how it feels when you need a prayer to help you finish.  Laurie ran a marathon and made her fitness goal, and I was actually happy to see her sore along with us today. (just kidding.)  She said we really helped her achieve her goals.  We all clapped for her success and were all extremely proud of her.

We did free weights, the ball, and burppee's (not sure if this is how you spell this exercise, but I would like to rename them.  Who made that name up anyway?)   I feel like I am starting to know Laurie.  I knew we were going to have to do them. She said in her positive voice, you know like drill sergeant, "I am happy I get to do them today".  (She even had the army shirt on today.  I said to myself here we go!)  So we just learned an important mindset. We must learn to love this. This is what they are talking about.  Making life changes. We have to have a positive mindset!   I will have to get back to you when I discover that I love it, though.  I am working on that.  Someone said, "it's hot in here can we have the fans on?"  Well I know she might be reading my blog so I won't say what the answer to that request was. Just remember the word "sweat".   All I can say is that Laurie is one tough cookie. Opps I said cookie.  I LOVE and miss cookies.  (This is a bad word for us because sugar is our enemy!  Cookie=bad!) I was so proud of our team today because we were all in attendance!  Go Team Mughelli!!!

Stick around long enough and you just might run into Janis and get some advice on food choices.  I am going to (have to) try oatmeal.  I have not had oak meal since I was a kid in Ohio.  Mom made us eat it all the time.  Guess what!  Once again, mom was right.  I wish she could see me now.  She passed away a little over a year ago now, and I still hear her screaming at the top of her lungs, "Gina!" whenever I was in trouble or not listening.  I miss her so much.  I want to fit into one of her ballroom dresses and one day take  ballroom dance class.  I think her dresses are 7/8.  This was my size all the way up and into my 30's.  My forties...   ...well...  ...too long of a story.  No more excuses.  Tell me your dreams as far as HCC is concerned, because if we stick with the habits and life changes that we are developing, then our dreams will come true. Spend time talking to the mentors who have been successful.  So share your fitness dreams today in comments!

By the way, since hubby is off today for the holiday, we are going to walk on the bridge,. Yes me, no longer afraid!

I had some requests of a full picture of the bridge, which I will post later.

By the way, Laurie wants us to add on an half hour to our workout goal this week.  Thought I'd save the best for last...

No comments:

Post a Comment