Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Year, A New Me





Hello family and friends!




As many of you already know, I was selected to be a part of the Healthy Charleston Challenge MUSC, a program like the Biggest Loser TV program. When I received my acceptance letter I was screaming so much that my husband thought I fell and hit my head! (I had to explain otherwise.) I read my letter with much anticipation and, right away, started imagining myself as one healthy woman and already named the the winner (after a lot of work)! Prior to this, I
was going to West Ashley for water aerobics and following the Tony Ferguson plan (Love and miss my nutritional counselor Heather. She cheered me on and took a personal interest in me.) The Tony Ferguson diet program was a great start. Then, on to a low carb life style not eating anything white. Result? 30 pounds gone, in 3 months!  Check out my photos at the top right. The red dress is my 30 pound loss. We will take a full length photo today before weighing in next week for the Healthy Challenge. Take a look at the team of my ladies at our water aerobic class. What a sweet group of dedicated ladies! (Sorry some of you did not brave the cold that day.)  I will be back daily to look for your comments. I know you are cheering me on! Come walk with me, run with me, cry with me, be joyful with me because I am going to do this! Please share your journey to health and fitness so that we can encourage one another. 

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare" (Unknown author)









2 comments:

  1. Hi Regina! Reading your blog gives me the motivation i need! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete