Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thanks

Today, was a great day.  I started off with a good dose of my spiritual food, and then I was off to the Wellness Center, where we workout at MUSC.  We are strongly advised to attend a Sunday group class. So off I go.  Wondering "what's next?", but excited at the same time.  Half the class went to a spin class (stationary cycle class) and half stayed in TaeBo.  Wow!  Talk about a work-out!  I stayed in TaeBo today, but next week, the dreaded spin class.  I loved theTaeBo class, even if I could not always keep up.   I kept hearing Janis' voice say "Just keep moving!"  That woman is amazing.  I want to be like her when I grow up.  That's when I heard the song  911 on the dance floor.  Nice beat, I might add.  Keeps you moving.  I just had to laugh to myself because I surely thought at some point from all the kicking and boxing that I actually will need 911!

Yesterday I spent 1 hour on the step master and a half hour on the bike just to get ready for what was ahead of me.  Well guess what?  Just as Janis said, our bodies are amazing and we can push them harder then we think.  So, if you are working out with me, push yourself a little harder.  Hopefully, my team will soon be reading these posts also and sharing their comments.   I am slowly sending out my blogs to a few close friends today. ( I am new at this.)

Hey download this song if you need at good beat to workout to, Fire On The Dance Floor, by Sean Kingston.  Stay tuned for more throughout the week.  Weigh-in is Thursday, so stay tuned for the first results of HCC.

What have you been doing?  We signed a contract to workout to everyday.  Laurie gave everybody a rubber band to wear as a bracelet to remind us of this promise.  I hope everyone reading this makes the same commitment.


I must thank the following people.....

...my loving husband I want to thank for loving me in the double-digits and never complaining about my weight. I could not have a better partner and friend in life. Look out baby!!!

My dad who called me fat one last time! I was so mad at him but it was what got me going in the right direction.  Thanks Dad!

...my daughters who look like models and want me to look like them again.(Pretty soon they won't know who the mom is!) Your support from many miles between has never worn out. I am sure you want me around to see the great-grandkids.  (I have 4 adult children, 2 stepchildren and 9 grand-children already)

...my son, who is one great trainer who has been preaching to get my body moving again. I can hear him saying "Mom! Enough is enough! No more excuses!"

...my friend Wendy, who has gotten up to be at my house to pick me up at 7 am week after week to go to swim aerobics even though she is in those single digits and said she will help me win this! Thanks to her Hubby Mel who me taught how to Kayak, thanks for not drowning me out there!(Only we know what I am talking about, I thought it was my weight)! LOL! More importantly then the above I appreciate the spiritual guidance.  My spiritual life is still number one!

...my sister-in-law, Jackie, who set such a good example in taking a good amount weight off and keeping it off, even though she is a great cook. (You showed me it can be done) My buddy Delores who told me about the program.

And lastly but not least thanks to Janis Newton, who is the director of the program, and who also made the selection that allow me to participate. I know she heard my cries for help. It was so nice meeting her, she is just full of knowledge and passion for this program. Janis even returned my calls when she was on her holiday vacation.

I won't let myself down or any of you who love me. This is my commitment and why I am blogging.

My screen name Gina2bskinny is just for fun....My real goal is to be healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment