Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Workout

Well, what a way to start a Monday.  I'm actually happy to be in the mindset that working out daily is a must.  I was eager to see my team members, as I suddenly feel they are like a life support system and are people who I already care about.  We are all fighting to get healthy and to get weight off.   Laurie, our trainer, had us run stairs and I have to admit, I almost started to cry when she announced the workout plan.  I have a foot that does not always want to move the way I want it to go. When I had my brain surgery, I lost some feeling in my left foot (feels like a sleepy foot)   I am not complaining because I had the top surgeon in Los Angeles, CA at Cedars Sinai Hospital. (You may have seen him on Oprah, Dr. Keith Black.)  He is the best neurosurgeon you will ever find.   This is NOT going to get in my way!   I looked down at my Nike's and said "Just do it!"   Guess what!  I did it!  It was a struggle.  We had to do running in between, which I modified when I could not fully run , then push ups, and host of other killer exercises.   At the end I cried quietly, hoping no one could see my tears.  My trainer Laurie, her assistant Whitney, and my team members came back to get me when  I was behind. They really wanted me to make my fitness goals for the day. Thanks so much team.  I really think I would have quit without them.  They may not know I am running for my life.  I think they are also.  See how far I have come.  Check out the photo below of my neurosurgeon  Dr. Black and me after my 10 hour brain surgery.   Dr. Black, if you are listening, thank you for the care you have given me, I can't say it enough.   Thank you Ben (hubby), and Tiffanie(daughter) for being there when I woke up and could say your name for the first time.(Something I was so worried I would not be able to do)   Ben and Tiff were the loving caretakers. Thank you to my children who supported me in their own ways.  Nicole the oldest daughter is a nurse, which was nice, especially when I did not understand something medically. She just had twins about a year earlier.  My little grandsons (Amari and Amir) and my first born granddaughter Ajanea kept me fighting.  Summer, the youngest, was never short of encouraging words and has such a big heart.  (I think she had the hardest time seeing me go through this.)  Her daughter, Soliel, also kept me fighting.  Since then Summer has blessed me with two more grandchildren. (Noey and Ian.)  My son Herbie, his hug was like medicine; he had no problem crawling in my bed beside me.  Gina, you have come a long way baby because of all of them!  This is why I write.  To strengthen some skills I feel I have lost and to look back on my progress.

  Tips for the day:  on the Today show this morning, they said blogging was one of the top goals for 2010 and exercise fights cancer.  Share your thoughts or tips on my blog.  I would love to hear from you.

My all time highest weight was 225! When I look at these photos I smile! Starting at the left is me in a t-shirt I brought to keep myself positive. (One of my favorite quotes.)  Middle photo- is my first outing after a 3.5 month stay in the hospital. 
Far right I am going home!  Last photo is Dr. Black and my favorite nurse. I can't believe I am 
running now!!! 



                                                       
Posted by Gina's Weight Journey at 8:18 PM 3 comments Description: http://img1.blogblog.com/img/icon18_email.gif Description: http://img2.blogblog.com/img/icon18_edit_allbkg.gifLinks to this post
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are enjoying and benefiting from your classes. Keep up the good work! I'm very proud of how far you came on your own, and, with the help of this HCC program, I know you won't stop until you cross the finish line! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm is contagious! I have every confidence that you will do this all the while keeping your balance in the other areas of your life. It is really generous and loving of you to be open and honest in your blogs. A real inpsiration! I will have to work out hard so that when you're done with the program I'll be able to keep up with you. By the way, I was at the pool today and NO ONE was there except Hattie. Sybil wasn't even there. I thought to myself "What would Regina do?". Hattie and I did the best we could to remember the different exercises and did almost a full class, just the 2 of us.

    ReplyDelete