Sunday, January 10, 2010

So It Begins

Oh! By the way, our team name is TEAM MUGHELLI. Ovie Mughelli, a Charleston native, is probably the top paid halfback in the NFL   I went to his website (http://www.oviemughelli34.com/community.htm) and was impressed that he is helping many youths with educational goals and football clinics.
If you are listening thanks for sponsoring our winning team.  


My First Day of the Charleston Healthy Challenge

I was a nervous wreck at our first meeting. So many people, like myself wanting to healthy, lose those extra pounds and make this a lifetime change.

I met the other members of my team for the first time. I immediately knew that I was fortunate to be placed with what struck me as the best team in the program. One by one, they all describe themselves the same way: "I am very competitive by nature" they repeat. Yahoo! I asked my trainer if she was anything like Jillian on the Biggest Loser and she just smiled slyly. I knew right then that we were in trouble. One of my old dear friends shared her name, Laurie. I don't know if I am going to think of her as my friend every while she's "motivating" us every day, though. She seems so sweet now, but I just have a feeling that this won't last too long.

I can remember watching The Biggest Loser on TV thinking, "Boy! Those folks are big!" as I scarf down pizza, ice cream and cake. Oh yeah! And don't forget about the 2 glasses of wine. What denial I was in, but no more! I can remember thinking that those work outs on TV were not bad enough to have all that crying that was going on. Guess what! It was me fighting back the tears today as I listened to personal story from one of the male competitors who was literaly fighting for his life, which made me feel right away that I could relate to his story. Now who's crying every week watching the show. I look forward to this show week after week. When it was off I felt like I was missing something on Tuesday. What are your thoughts of the show?

First Workout

One on one with Laurie asking me bluntly " Why are you here?" I had to stop myself because once I thought about it, I realized that it was more that about shedding weight.

I could tell that Laurie, as kind as she is, wanted me to shut up and get to the workout. TMI!

We have to run. One mile, minus a lap. WHAT?!? I am 53 years old, I thought to myself. I have not ran since I was in my twenties. With much effort, I ran and walk. Toward the end of this ordeal, one of my team members held out her hand saying "Gina you can do this! Grab my hand!" I wanted to cry, but I made it to her outstretched hand and realized that she is a true team-player.(I still trying to get everyone's name) A moment that gave me the confidence to say "Gina you can do this", it's going to be tough weeks ahead but you can do it."

Stay tuned for photos and much more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment