Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Third Week Weigh- in!

Well, I've figured out that this program is also about self-discovery...   ...I find myself to still be a little competitive. (not good) I knew this was true when I was in high school when I was active in sports.  I can't remember when I was on a team other than work.  This is not always a good quality in my case, because I am really hard on myself.  I know that my diet is the best I have ever maintained for over 10 years, which is progress.  I am constantly thinking about everything I eat.  (Well, get to the point Gina!)   I am afraid of the weigh-in this week.  My WiiFit scale is not showing what I had hoped to see.  I have worked my butt off (no pun intended) and I don't see a big loss this week.  In fact I am thinking that it's just going to be about a pound.  Ok.  I tell myself that I have lost a total of about 30 pounds prior to this challenge and then, since starting HCC, almost 12 more pounds in the two weeks I've been enrolled in this program.  So I should be proud, right?  No, not good enough.  I beat myself up.  I've watched The Biggest Loser, as you know, for a while now, and those folks always have a small loss on week 3 every season so far in the show's history.  So I think in the back of my mind, that will be true for me too.  I know that sounds nutty, but TV can be a bad influence.


I also got a little blue this week because someone dear to my heart has cancer.  This also makes me feel guilty to even complain about my woes.

Soooo......

I go to my HCC tool box and read last week's skills I learned from the life coach (I take extensive notes every week).  Give myself a hug and love praise myself for working out 2 hours/day all week.  I've not only just taken off pounds but  also inches have fallen all off of this small framed body.  I'm also feeding my body the right foods.  I must realize that stress will only sabotage my weight loss.  So, like my hubby said, I'll just keep up the good work, stop worrying about the scales and have fun.  What good advice!  I am going to get better everyday.  Maybe not always 9 pounds at a time.  I think that will be my saying of the year -- 2010, Fit Just for Fun.

So off I go to "wash this grey right out of my hair" and get pampered by my hairdresser.  (She is such a positive person.)   I won't give up, and I will stay positive no matter what that scale says tomorrow.  I won't beat myself up today.  I will continue to learn......

Stay tuned for tomorrow's results.  I need your support.    

Ah Ha! moment
Week one:  HCC is an informational overload, but a honeymoon.
Week two: excited to see weight loss results
Week three:  weigh-in anxiety sets in and I'm scared of the scale.  The honeymoon is over.  The real work begins!

1 comment: