Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Workout

Reality is setting in.  I still must keep this momentum up!  It was nice getting a lot of accolades, but I realize I have a lot of work ahead.  Like the old saying goes " It's not over till the fat lady sings!"  The one thing I can tell you is that I am not going to be that fat lady standing.  I've never liked the word "fat".  I think it's a mean way to describe someone.


I knew our workout would be rough today.  We went up to the roof today and ran.  Outside. With sand bags on our shoulders!  Yes, sprinting.  I felt my hip hurting, but I would not give up!  Laurie shortened the run for some of  us at times.  :)  Just a little chilly, but it was nice to feel fresh air in the lungs, and we got a dose of Vitamin D.   I was so proud of Charles who really put forth a lot of effort in his run!   Everyone was fighting for us to be #1 team next week.  Go Team Mughelli!!!


Our Trainer Laurie


Laurie gathered us all around and announced that I would be the the team captain, because she could tell that I was totally committed - heart and soul.  What a honor!  Kim ( in the green jacket below) was appointed the co-captain, because she is such a great athletic member of team and very supportive of others' success.  I loved the fact that Laurie gave a pep talk to our team for everyone not to give up, even if they had no weight loss last week, but to celebrate being at the workouts and putting forth  the efforts.  Laurie is so encouraging!  You can tell that Laurie really cares about us.  She wants us to succeed  and work to our full potential, while at the same time realizing that we all have different levels of fitness.  What a challenge for her as a trainer.  I know she hates to see me hurting or someone really struggling.  She knows when enough is enough, and recognizes that little sign when we are breathing hard and cannot go any further.  She will push you hard as you possibly can go.  Just when you think you are done, but not really.


Everyone is excited.  Tomorrow is going to be our first (Cooper River) bridge run practice session at 9:15 am.  As a part of the Healthy Challenge, we are obligated to sign up to do the the actualCharleston Cooper River Bridge Run.  A 10K run held annually.  Oh boy!


Well here is the promised photo of our team (one person is missing).  Enjoy!  Check out our trainer (Above) Laurie.  She one strong lady!  Don't mess with her.  She is FIERCE!  Don't tell the men, but I think she could kick their butts too.  And I think they know it.



                                                                  Team Mughelli

No comments:

Post a Comment