Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Monday Night Bridge Walk Run & Tuesday's Workout

Last night Ben and I walked a little over a half of hour up the incline on the bridge.  When I got to my goal point, I had to stop and reflect on the beautiful sunset before us.  I had to take a photo.  As some of you know, Ben was a photographer in the Navy and has had some of his pictures published in many magazines. He has been trying to teach me photography for awhile.  Please note that all photos are done by me on my blog, which is a good way to improve my technique. Believe me, he really critiques my work.  Now back to the bridge...   ...On the way back, I decided I would run for my team.  Yes, run.  And I would not stop till I got to the end of the bridge.  When I got to the end, I did my push ups and leg stretches on the bench.  Ben could hardly believe that I was actually running!  Catch me now.  Enjoy this sunset...



Today I met with one of our mentor Beth and went to spin class.  I am so happy to be sitting on a soft surface about now.  I loved it when the teacher says "Take it home!".  The first time I heard him say that, though, I thought he meant that we could go home, but I looked around and everyone just kept spinning standing up.  I am so proud of myself!  Yes, your 53 year old mama/grandma is spinning baby!!

As I get closer to this Thursday"s weight-in, I get nervous because I know that there's no way will it be 9.4 pound loss like last week.  So please know that your body does what it wants.  I have given it my all at every workout and I am eatting very healthly by following the lessons that I am learning in my nutrition class on Thursday.  For example, I went today to buy oats (the kind you have to cook longer), blueberries, and almonds.  (I learned from HCC not to eat but a few of the almonds at a time.)  I will let you know how I like it.  I am a little late writing because I am watching Biggest Loser.  I have one question for ya.  "Where is Gina?"

1 comment:

  1. Great Picture! Taking that spinning class is going to give you a better BUTT then me. I better step up the pace and find a spinning class for myself. You are not borrowing my jeans mom!

    ReplyDelete