Thursday, January 21, 2010

Second Weight In

I know ya'll don't want to hear about the workout today, but I must say that I love the Joe D Band Class (working out with rubber exercise bands)!   This week's nutritional class that Janis put together was the best!  We learned so much and I will share a few of my notes tomorrow.  We even had a life coach today tell us how to love ourselves; how to feed positive thinking everyday; how to give ourselves a "Whoo ha!!!" in the mirror.  Well, here is my "Whoo ha" to me today.....

Tonight's weigh-in - I lost 2.4 pounds this week.  That is a total of 11 pounds in two weeks!  That is more than 2 five-pound bags of sugar!  I can't begin to tell you how many inches that equals, but none of my large shirts are fitting me.   I  ranked 3rd place in total pounds lost and FIRST place in percentage of weight lost!  My total percentage of weight lost so far is 5.9%.  Wahoooo!  When it is all said and done, the contest of this program will be judged by the total percentage of weight lost.  At the end of this program, I am confident that  HCC will have taught me life changing habits and that, in itself, makes me a winner.  I am also excited for several of my team mates, especially Charles, because he really was sad about his performance last week - thought he let the team down. This week, I think he lost in the neighborhood of about 5 pounds.) Go Team Mughelli!

My friend Wendy suggested a great idea that I go shopping at "GW Fashion" (which is her cute way of saying Goodwill) until I am at my goal since she could actually see that my clothes are getting too big. (She does not know this, but I love shopping at Goodwill!)

More good news!  I've got to tell you that this morning I woke without any pain in my knees or hip joints -- and it was raining all day today, which is usually means disaster for my arthritis pain. I still can't believe how much working out is really helping, folks. Please get off the couch and do this with me!

Tomorrow I have a BIG surprise in my blog for you and I'm betting that you will love it...     ..so stay tuned. No hints. No clues. I am not going to tell you so don't call asking!





No comments:

Post a Comment