Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Planks!!!!

Some days you have to push harder than others.  Today I had to push hard.  I guess I am just flat out tired from the weekend!  In spite of it, I did ran all of my laps today.  I even walked to the center today!  Laurie and Kim both noticed my running has improved (YEA!)  We did a plank holding contest - I was the last girl holding on and the only person that beat me was John.  I know you are saying yea yea yes....  but, they are tough to do.  These are a great exercises because they will strengthen your core, which will improve my running and everything else I have to do.  I am going to do them daily.

http://z.about.com/d/exercise/1/0/q/A/plank1.jpg
Now, I did not give you much to read so that you can go do this exercise and tell me what you think! Time yourself and do them as long as you can stand it.  Keep that bottom down (especially those of you who have more junk in the trunk, like me) and engage your core muscles. Tell me what you think about these and how long you did them.  Come on you can do them! Watch the video.  This will help. 
Working Your Core: How to Do the Plank

2 min 10 sec - Oct 19, 2009
www.youtube.com
 
Instead watching TV tonite this is what I opting for:
I am going to an aquatic class, with a focus on abs, at the wellness center tonight. (While in the HCC program we have free access to all fitness classes.)  I can't wait.  I love the water! When I gain weight it mainly went to my mid-section and hips.   Now, everything is starting to jiggle (you ladies know what I mean).

 I have to firm up because I have no plans for cosmetic surgeries.  By the way I sure miss my water aerobics group in West Ashley.   I will let you know how I like this aquatic class.

No comments:

Post a Comment