Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday Weight In Week 3

I know.  Today you want the results....  ....but before we go any further, I want you to know that I got on the scales today with a smile after that killer Joe D. Bands class, who decided to add the elliptical and bike routine.  There was a lot of high jumping, and Tracie and I did not want to risk hurting our knees.

Well, anyway.  Here you go......

Results:  Regina Powers  is #1, top female with 7.9% loss of weight.  Hazel Miranda is in second place with 6.8%.   First place: Kelly Frazier lost a total of 15.8 pounds so far.  Regina Powers 4th place with 14.4 total pounds loss. Yahoo!!  (and I am not talking about the website!)

Once again, I was very encouraged by our nutritional class.  We had a psychologist talk about emotional eating and, of course, I could not help but think of myself.  (The instructor had many other good points, but I really tuned into this.)  I already know I am emotional eater.  It's tough because life will always throw problems our way.  I am proud that this week during my "blue days", I ate Laughing Cow Cheese with 100% wheat bread as a snack (half-slice one little piece of cheese).  I wondered why they call it Laughing Cow Cheese?  I think it make me feel good eating something that is healthy for me.  Really.  It makes me feel good about making healthy choices.  In the past I would have eaten ice cream, or something else that was not any good for me.

Well.  Tomorrow, I have to tell you a story that involves my long life girl friend. What does it has to do with this journey?  Lots!  Wait till tomorrow.

In the meantime, check out our "momma of the program". (Janis Newton director of HCC in above photo)  She is a hero in my book.  I have to tell you Janis does not let us just sit the whole time in that meeting.  At different times of the class we have to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down.  (More times than I am going to write.)  Just a little tip that helps me when I realize that I need to do the same thing at home when I have been sitting too long.  Keep moving!  Janis favorite quote is "walk by faith not by sight".  This quote can be used in many ways of life.   Good night to all- A good tired!


                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. yeah gina, I knew you were going to bring in good numbers keep the faith

    ReplyDelete