Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Epiphany Tuesday

Today I had an epiphany!!  Last night my husband came to pick me up at the Wellness Center since I walked to the workout earlier in the day.  He came in to the center to meet me, which I thought that was strange.  He usually doesn't come in, but today he was waiting in the lobby.  I knew something was wrong   He said, "I did not want you to go out and see your car because a lady hit me from behind while I was waiting at a stoplight".  He proudly said she was cited.  The first thing I asked CALMLY was, "Are you ok?"   Ben is a very calm person and simply responded with "I'm fine."  I could tell he was not fully telling the truth because of the way he was holding his head (whiplash-like).  Then he said that our car's bumper was pushed in and he began showing me the photos of this three car accident and at the same time wondering why I was not (over) reacting.  Here is the epiphany.....I realized that I did not get upset.  I stayed calm.  My husband was shocked!  Normally, I would have reacted either with tears or anxiety -- over the top.  Yes, exercise helps with handling stress.  The car did not matter, just a material thing, my husband is mildly hurt and I am feeling the best I have in years!!!  What more could I ask for.  You cannot put a price tag on LIFE and HEALTH!!!!  What a great benefit of exercise. This, as I told you before, is my new pill!  It is my medicine to fight anxiety, stress and depression.  Now that's an epiphany!!

Classes today were Marty's swim aerobics and afternoon with Zumba.  What a good workout day!  I am getting to know the instructors of the classes and learning so much by talking to them.  I am ready for our team workout tomorrow and I will do burpee's without compliant.  I promise! 

I am sorry can't keep writing.  I am loving The Biggest Loser today.  I can't type and talk!

By the way Ben has an appointment for his neck tomorrow. ( just a little sore)  It's hard to get a man to go to the ER....

No comments:

Post a Comment