Friday, February 19, 2010

Thankful

Today was my sister's surgery.  I just found out that she is out.  She is doing well, and the doctor thinks the cancer was contained in one area on the thyroid.  They will know for sure after all tests are back.
Instead of waiting around here in town, pranching the floor like I would have done in the past, guess what I did...         ...I went swimming at the Wellness Center.  I did laps, got in the sauna, and read, and then decided to take the Aquatics class.  When our intructor, Marty, asked us to close our eyes and relax it was a great opportunity to pray for my sister.  I was so tired I could have gone to sleep at that moment.  My legs felt like jelly when I was done with the class.  I wanted to go home and just get in the bed, but, as you can see, that did not happen.

I really appreciate my team today.  Laurie and the rest of the team ran the last half of my last lap with me.  We have had a good week as a team and a great workout.  We worked hard with weight training with sand bags.  We did all our laps which equaled a mile with the sand bags in our hands.  If someone were to drop the sandbags, guess what we had to do.....you guessed it burpees!  Cute little Heather dropped the bag and, guess what...      This will help everyone mentally and physically this week.  Push.  Push harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment