Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Powerful Team Workout

Today most of our team was in attendance.  It is so good when the team is together.  It mentally helps to know we are doing this together.  That is why we signed up.  Right?  To be a part of a team and have that support from each other.  I am starting to get to know others on different teams.  When they hear my name, that all start asking me what I am doing.  I share but, never claim to be an expert..     ...I'm still learning too.  I also met the guy who is in the number one spot for men, we shook hands and then he and three others from his team members did Zumba with me yesterday.  We had so much fun!

 Laurie had us do a boot-camp style training without the cursing.  I thought she was Jillian (of The Biggest Loser fame) for a moment.  I felt like I was  going to throw up.  We did reps, and each time after doing the first set, setting the bar higher by trying to beat our best. (she timed us) Hey!  I am improving.  I did not get an attitude for having to do that many burpees.  I felt like falling out, but I did them anyway.   I can always tell when Laurie has her boot-camp attitude on.  What did we expect when they announced that is her specailty.  She gave a nice speech regarding the weigh-in tomorrow -- not to let the scales discourage anyone.  She said to all of us"do you know what you are doing for your bodies inside".  (our heart and so much more)  I am glad to hear that speech, trust me.  I hate to see anyone sad over weigh-ins.  I am happy that during the week I do not worry about the scales anymore.  My body dictates what happens.  I just have to do my part prior.  Working out daily and writing every food particle down.

Well, after last night's blog.... which was kinda long winded, I will give you a break.

A quote I love and saw, which went with last night's blog so wonderfully, goes like this -- "Loving oneself is the start of a romance."  I forgot who said it....but love it.  So true!  Mothers, wives, sisters.  Make room for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment