Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Zumba Kinda Day

The rain did not bother me today like it would have in the past.   I get to go take my pill and that is my exercise.  Yes, I have done the whole pill for everything, but now I am currently taking none.  (Well...     ...except a little Aleve to get through some of my workouts).  I was excited because today was Zumba day.  Yes, I took my little skirt and shook my hips as hard as I could.  Check out the photo of our instructor.  She Rocks!  This dance class embraces so many ethnic groups.   My roots are pretty diverse -- my mother was  African-American and Native-American (a beautiful ebony woman).  My father's family was from Ireland and mixed with Native-American, as well.  I feel when we are doing the Zumba class, some of mine ethnicity comes out on the dance floor. Go Gina Go Gina!

 I love Tuesdays.  Aquatic class tonite!  Arf! Arf!   Sprint, sprint.  Forward, backward, slide, pull, slide pull!  I hope the water is warm today.  Once you get in and jumping around you warm up pretty fast.  I noticed several other members from the HCC program as well.  I think everyone is serious about their workout.  It's really encouraging.
 
After a good workout in the pool, I ran into one of the mentors from one of other the teams.  She was so encouraging to talk with.  I also ran into the students that weigh us every week. (they are too sweet)  I did not start worrying about weight in this week.  I know I am eating better.  I am working out hard.  The weight will continue to drop.  It's funny how you start to appreciate even your weights. 

Got to go watch The Biggest Loser.  You know the drill.  I still wish I could have spent the night on a farm to do this so I would not have to cook, clean and all those fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment