Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Workout Wenesday

I started my day walking to the gym.   What a nice sunny day, with a little chill in the air.  Off I go in my uniform- I prefer Nike, the swoof makes me feel like an athelete. "Just do it". (LOL)

Just a little trivia, who came up with Nike?....   Bill Bowerman created Nike, with an assist from Phil Knight, who was a student at the UofO at the time.  Bill was a track athlete and coach and dreamt up a new sole that would allow runners better traction on the track. He started melting rubber on his wife's waffle irons (ruining many) until he had it right. This was in the late 60s, I believe. He, of course, lived in Eugene, Oregon.  My daughter Summer who lives in Oregon and she told me this, not that I did not believe her I googled it.  I love reading trivia.  I have to watch this because I can become glued to the internet.  Everyone who know me well know I am always reading something. 

Today workout was written and handed out to us, with much anticipation we all read intently of our fitness benchmark.   This is what my paper said:  2 sets of stairs bottom to top (or 2 laps)
1 lap around the track, 15 push ups, 25 squat to press (with sand bags), 50 line jumps side to side. Walking lunges (diameter of track) in hallway.  All must be done 3 times of all of the above.  Are you tired yet?  I did this in 44 mins.:16 sec.  We only stop for a little water and kept going.  I am happy to see difillbulators all over the Wellness Center.  Just kidding, I know my limits.   Laurie specificly said if I rather do laps instead of the steps I could.  I ended up doing a mix.  I wanted to not fear the steps so I did it!! This was a good workout to say the least.  I felt a great accomplishment.  I will try to beat the 44 mins perhaps by 33 minutes next time. 

Tomorrow is weight in and I do not have the anxiety I have had in the past few.  I am just taking this a step at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you!! I'm going to see Tiffanie tonight. She told me about your blog. I just joined the biggest loser in my city, but it's kind of a do it yourself program. It's fine with me. I just wanted some extra motivation :)
    Keep up the great work!
    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete