Saturday, February 20, 2010

Zumbathon



Now I am becoming a regular of "Zumbaolic".  No self-help group needed for this.  I was invited to join the Zumbathon.  Several students are going to Uganda to help the local people medically.   I hope they earned enough donations from all of us to help with their expenses.   We danced for 2 hours!!!  We had so much fun.  I even won a leather Zumba bracelet.   Different teachers and different styles.  From modern hip hop to Latin and African.  When I got done my feet felt like two bricks were sitting on top, and my arms are crying out.  We had so much fun and I know I burned some calories at the same time.  I especially enjoyed talking with Sylvia, one of the intructors (see photo below of her and her husband).

Check out these photos that were on display!  I love the African children, and if I could I would adopt one If I would, however my hubby looks at me like I am crazy reminding me......we are too old.  Guess what I feel 20 again!






Then I had to dash home to make pita squares and humus dip hors d'oeuvres as my healthy choice to take to a congregational oyster roast.  I had such a good time and did not touch one thing white...potatoes, sweets, macroni....well you get the picture.   I walked around drinking water, which helps.   Here is my dinner menu 15 oysters (117 calories), 8 large shrimp (44 calories), corn on the cob, half (63 calories) for a total of 223 calories.  This is why I love sparkpeople.com for calorie counts.  By the way, my husband did not eat desserts because he is trying to support me.  I did not realize it till I came home.  What a sweetie (not sugar)!  Guess what!  I enjoyed myself better, knowing I can say NO to the bad stuff.  It was nice to be with my spiritual family, whom I dearly love.  Before this I had been avoiding gatherings.  Now I am more incline to go.

Now I may go, friends, and soak my feet to get ready for another busy day.  Tomorrow, don't look for me till late, because I am taking a nap.  Yes, a nap!   Mid-week I have a big big suprise for you (no hints).

No comments:

Post a Comment