Monday, February 8, 2010

Mondays Burpee's

Today I had a Big Attitude because I did not feel like doing burpees.  My left knee was hurting, so I was not up to it.  In fact, they put me in such a bad mood that I tried to argue my way out of the last set.  Laurie said I could modify them, or just do something else.  I didn't want to let myself down, so I did them, but my attitude lingered.  I tried to rid myself of this during my run, and it made me run faster.  I tried to get rid of it during the rowing machine, and it made me row faster.  Yes, a little attitude does not hurt, I learned today, and it may also may make you work harder.  Laurie noticed that I was not exactly what you would describe as happy to do her favorite exercise, and I explained that while I do love her, I won't like her everyday.  I didn't want to admit it or let her know at the time, but I am happy she pushes me.  I fear her reading this because I know she will push me even harder.  At any moment in time, you may not like your trainer, but the results, at the end, are worth it.  So today, I had to put my big girl panties on and just do it!  (Speaking of panties, sorry if I embarrassed you, but I need some new ones since losing weight.  I better put that on my list.  I know, TMI, but I could not resist.)  Maybe that will be a treat this week.  I try to think of non-food treats when I reach my goals.

Beth is one of my mentors.  She emailed me this morning, saying that she will meet me for swim aerobics.  I was happy to have a partner.  It always helps.   I decided today that I am going to stay a little longer at class and not only attend the class, but hang out in the sauna and relax.  I am always running home to fix dinner.  Today I have all kinds of leftovers nicely stacked in the 'fridge and so I can let hubby take care of himself by simply clicking the microwave buttons to heat it up.   Our families can survive without us a night or two.

I must say congratulations to my son, who completed a marathon in LA on Sunday!  I will be doing the 10K bridge run in another month.  Cheer me on!

1 comment: