Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fourth Weigh-In

Ok.  I know you want me to cut to the chase.  I did not lose a pound this week.  I stayed the same.  I am not upset.  At first, I was a little upset, given I worked out twice a day this week, and have been following the rules of healthy eating per HCC.  Can you believe that I had my poor student weigh me twice?  The second time because I had on a pair of wet socks the first time, and blamed them for my zero loss.  She probally got a little worried about my mental state at that moment.  She patienly said " go ahead Regina", with a comforting smile.  Needless to say, the number did not change sans sox.  Man, I even worked out before the weigh in.  Then I ran into Janis who greeted me with a nice hug.  She sent me an email earlier today full of such good encouragement and commendation.  We are so dependent on her for advice that I immediately told her I did not lose this week.  She said we are building muscle mass at this stage of the game and she is happy to hear this is happening (and I know this is important, especially given my age 53ish).  Wow, my attitude took a different spin, because I am seeing results, feeling results!  I am fitting into smaller clothes, but, most of all, I FEEL GREAT!  I can walk further, I can run, I can jump and I feel strong! 

As I was leaving the weigh-in ceremony, a tall young lady yelled out "Good job Regina"!  I was trying to be friendly by asking her name and she said, " I am the one who kicked you out of first place!".  Oh no she did not just say that!   Well now, you know, I am in second place in percentage of total weight lost.  I noticed that the strong competitors are younger women, in their twenties.  I met one other lady tonight.  Well, look out girls!  If you are reading this, then this older young lady is not giving up.  In fact, I love Janis' quote today.  It fit my situation tonight.  "You can fall apart or finish strong!"  Well I started strong and I am going to finish strong.  I will not tell you my plans this week because I am sure there are readers that may be strong competitors.  I am gaining more and more confidence of what I need to do.  Now I know the competition part can be fun, just to keep pushing you to do your best!

Female % Weight Loss


1. Marion Brown 7.56%
2. Regina Powers 7.29%
3. Leslie Brady 7.26%
4. Adair Dempsey 7.22%
5. Sydney Fowler 7.10%


I take notes every nutritional meeting on my blackberry.  I listen intently and can't wait to go home and implement my action plan. (My HR background helps)  Well after this blog, I am making an action plan for the week and I will execute it keenly, focusing on every detail. AWWF! -  Attitude.  Workout.  Weight.  Food

Hey tomorrow, I am going to a movie, no talk of weight, no talk of food.  Ben, I promise.  I won't be in my workout outfit, I promise! So watch out!  No popcorn, which I hear is over a 1,000 calories at movie theaters.  Yes I do my homework.  I already have my snack plan.  Take my water bottle with lemon, and a bag of a few (4) almonds counted out with a few blue berries and a Greek yogurt.  This has become one of my favorites.  I would say it really replaces ice cream for me.  I feel better eating it, without guilt.  Keep supporting me, I still need you.  Pease don't go away!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of how you are focusing on the health benefits more than the weight loss, although the weight loss is there too. Glad you look as great as you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i saw a espisode where they gained a pound, you did not

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one of the younger competitors you wrote about I just wanted to say you are a great competitor as well. Age means less than determination and you have tons of the latter. I look forward to our race to the top!! :)

    ReplyDelete