Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunny Sunday

The snow has melted and the sun is out.  Always a good way to start the day.  How nice it is to wake up each day to a new day.  I won't write much because I just want to relax and enjoy the rest of my day.  Have you notice I can write as long as I can talk.   Some days I have to put my blackberry down and my computer.  The problem with me is that I am a girly girl and a techie (or least a wanna be) nerd.

I just want all of you to know before I go further on this journey that I will never become a hoochie mama, wearing tight clothing, too young or fad driven.  I am of the age where classy and modest appeals to me much better.  Many who lose weight go a little crazy, I hear, at my age.  If you see me acting crazy, Wendy or any of my other friends, let me know.   

Today, I hurry to change in the ladies restroom conveniently located across from the classroom.  I have it down to a science now to get out of my stockings, dress, and heels in about 5 minutes and make my way to the classroom for warm-ups, and get myself psyched.  (Oh yeah!  I must not forget that I must hurry down some water, and a cup of yogurt for lunch while in transit.)  Today we did Lillie Bar Class, I think they call it.  We use a bar weight, pretty much, for all the class.  I just read how important it is for women to do weight training on this journey.  There are so many myths about becomng muscle-bound like a man.  It would take a lot of weight training for us to look like that.  Anyway, it makes me feel good doing it.  I have increased the amount of weight  I lift, so I'm not sure how heavy it was because it was not marked.  I will tell you though, I felt the burn!  Now I understand that exercise jargon.  I remember a time where I hated to look in the mirror and now when I am lifting I actually get near a mirror.  Don't tell anyone that. (giggle) 

This is a sample workout of the body bar.  You can order them on amazon if you like to do it at home.

Keli Roberts on YouTube

Keli Roberts Body Bar video on Amazon

Remember the young lady that put me in second place for that one week.  Well I smiled and said hello.  It was good to see her there in class, she smiled back. (I did not say hey I put you back in second though.)  This is a friendly competition, and it just helps all of our hard work.  I could not believe all the people from other teams that showed up.  Julia and I were the only ones from our team in class today.  On an average day, I bet you are wondering how much time am I devoting to exercise these days.  On average, I give about 2.5 hours per day.  This usually included walking to gym, and two classes a day, not all at one time.  This week, though, I am bumping it up to 3 hours.  How can I do this?  I schedule everything.  I used to waste 3 hours at one point of the day by watching some mindless show on TV or doing something that's not important to my health.  So don't worry, I am just putting first things first.  All other things are added.  I just think of it as having a part-time job.  No one complains if you are working part-time.  So that is what I am doing.  By the way, once I reach a certain weight goal, I am sure I can lower the amount of time spent at the gym.  I am making this a life long habit.  That is, working out and eating healthy.  Otherwise Janis said she would hunt us down.  (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment