Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowy Saturday!

It was a cold morning and I did not want to get out of bed this morning.  It's not often I am not up and running.  I also had a headache and did not feel like moving till I had a cup of coffee.  So this was a morning I took my time doing everything.  By noon I was bouncing off the wall.

By one oclock I decided since we had no planned workout, I thought I would go to the gym on my own.  My body is starting to crave this.  I know I work out much harder at the gym.  So off I went, and ended up staying for 2 hours.  I did 4 miles on the ellipitical.  I did my homework card plus weights and a few laps.  Boy, did I feel great after getting this done.  I find I like listening to my iPod while doing laps and my exercises.  The time just passes so quickly.
I felt a great sense of accomplishment because I  did not let the cold and snow stop me today.  Here are a few pictures of the snow for those of you in my old town on the West Coast that do not ever see snow unless you go to the mountains. (I love my gate photo)















I am still very proud that in just five weeks I lost 18.4 pounds!  I never could have done that in the past without HCC.   I am counting down the weeks and hate to see it end, so I have decided to sign up to be a mentor for the next and future sessions, and cannot wait to help others on this journey, while at the same time continuing life-long health habits.  I think this may be a new career path for me.  It certainly would be a great way to keep the weight off and stay healthy.  Snow Snow oh me oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment